Sainik School is one of the top residential schools that prepare candidates to join the National Defense Academy and serve duties to the nation. Unfortunately, many students cannot get admission to Sainik School due to limited seats and a stringent admission process. That is why most parents prefer to enroll their children in Sainik School coaching in Chandigarh.
If you want to prepare your child for the entrance examination of Sainik School, understand the process first. This blog will cover the details to help you prepare your child for Sainik school admission. Let’s get started!
Sainik School Admission- A Milestone to Achieve With a Simple Process
Getting admission to Sainik School seems easy initially, but it doesn’t. Students have to qualify for the exam conducted by NTA’s authority. Foremost, students have to register for the All India Entrance Exam, which NTA will conduct. Candidates who qualify for the examination will proceed to the medical examination, which again will be conducted by NTA or nearby military hospitals. If the medical report declares a candidate as a medically fit person, their final marks will be evaluated, and the admission process will be preceded.
Since there are fewer chances of qualification and massive competition, parents enroll their children in Sainik School coaching in Chandigarh. They provide professional guidance and help students with written examinations and other aspects so students can easily get admission.
Sainik School Application Form- How to Get?
Sainik school written test form is available online on the official AISSEE NTA website. To fill out the form, you must need the following things:
- An email address of the candidate
- Scanned copies of signature, photographs, left-hand thumb impression, domicile certificate, caste certificate, and service certificate in case of wards of defense personnel, online payment mode, and ID proof.
Candidates must register using credentials and then fill out the examination form. However, it would help if you remember the following things:
- Candidates can select only four examination centers of their choice. Based on preference and availability of the seat, one will be allotted.
- Candidates have only one option of Sainik School to get admission according to their preference.
- The Sainik School examination will be held in a bilingual language. Candidates have to mention their language preferences. However, if the candidate selects English or Hindi, the candidate will get a question paper in both languages. In addition to this, you can choose languages such as Bengali, Assamese, Kannada, Marathi, Gujarati, Odia, Tamil, Punjabi, Telugu, Urdu and more.
Is There Any Reservation for Sainik School?
Yes, there is a 67% reservation of the seats for the candidates having domiciled in the Union Territory and State where the Sainik School is situated. Moreover, around 33% of the seats will be reserved for candidates from other UTs and States. In each category of UT and Home State, seats will remain booked on the following:
- 7.5% of the seats will be reserved for Scheduled Tribes
- 15% of the seats will be reserved for Scheduled Caste
According to the government list, 27% of people fall within the Other Backwards Classes category, a part of the Creamy layer. As a result, the lines above reserve 49.50 per cent of the seats at Sainik School. 25% of the remaining seats in the Home State/UT and Other States/UT quota are set aside for the dependents of active-duty military personnel and veterans of the armed forces. Seats in the “Other States/ UT” quota will be distributed according to merit, up to 25% of the category’s openings for any State or Union Territory.
About Sainik School Written Examination Process
Candidates have to prepare for the written examination in depth. The question paper consists of 150 questions, each worth one mark. The subjects cover mathematics, general knowledge, English, social science, and science. Students have to excel in each subject to pass the examination. If you need to improve on any topic, get Sainik School coaching in Chandigarh.
Joining an institute gives your kids the right direction and helps them gain command over the subject. Moreover, students learn under experts of Sainik School coaching in Chandigarh. With interactive learning sessions and mock test practices, students can boost their knowledge and solve exams quickly.
Is There Any Age Limit?
Yes, students who want to get admission to Sainik School have some age restrictions.
- Class VI students must be 10-12 years old
- Class IX students must be 13-15 years old.
Sainik School Merit List Preparation
The merit list will be prepared based on the higher rank achieved by the students. Based on the rank, selected candidates will get their joining letters.
If you are well grounded and know how to prepare for the exam, you must be able to crack the examination of Sainik School easily. However, if you still find it challenging to achieve the best rank, enrolling in the best Sainik School coaching in Chandigarh such as Gyan Sagar Institute would be great.